KIDS AFRICAN DANCE & DRUM PROGRAM BEGINS SAT. OCT. 5TH
The cultural arts program will offer weekly Saturday classes in drum, dance, traditional African instruments and song within a historical context. The program will run from Sat. Oct. 5, 2019-June 2020 on a tri-semester schedule, and will be separated into three age groups. At end of the session the students age 9-12 will perform what they learned for their parents and community
GROUP I: Ages 3-5 (9:30-10am) $7 Students will learn drum sound basic dance cultural movements and songs.
GROUP II: Ages 6-8 (10-10:30am) $7
Students will learn drum background and basic drumming skills. Students will also learn basic traditionally dance movement.
GROUP III: Ages 9-12 (12-1pm) $10
Students will begin to learn Basic drum rhythms and traditionally dance steps. Students will also be introduced to various traditional instruments, songs and history.
- 1ST Semester: Sat. Oct 5 – Sat. Dec. 14
- 2nd Semester: Sat. Jan. 4 – Sat. Mar. 28
- 3rd Semester: Sat. Apr. 4 – May 30
Performance Showcase: Month of June. TBD
Single Class or Drop= #1 $7/class & #2 $7/class #3 $10/class
- Families enrolling two or more students receive a 15% discount on any package.
- Payments may be made in cash, check, or money order.
- There is a $30 returned check fee.
- Tuition is non-refundable, except for relocation or medical reasons. Withdrawal for injury/illness must be submitted in writing, and accompanied by a doctor’s excuse.
117 Harvard Place, Syracuse, NY 13210